Here is the development process for my magazine. I will put all of my ideas here and reflect on the decisions that I make.
Reflection:
I found this part of the project to be very fun because I am free to think and apply my creativity with little to no limits at all. I found it especially easy to find out if I would be plagiarising other existing work by a quick google search. I found out that I could possibly create a whole magazine issue if I wanted to. I also found that I had no problems following my teacher's instructions on this as I had prior understanding of this thanks to my church providing inspiration for me. I did not find many difficult elements to this specific part of the project.
I decided to change my magazine masthead and double page spread content to something more easier to remember and inspirational to better benefit currently serving church members, rather than new converts who may not be interested in the church magazine. I found it easy to find inspiration for these changes. However, it caused me to have a lot more work to do which is okay because I know it will greatly benefit me in the long term and the final product of my project. I am happy with these changes.
Genre: Christian
Sub-genre: Church
Name of Magazine:
- The Potter
- The Potter's Grace
- Saved by Grace
- The Potter's Will
- Victory Door
- Saved by Grace
- Salvation Sunday
- Eternal Life
- The Harvest Field
- Salvation Awaits
- The Potter's Door
- The Door
- The Calling
I made the decision to title my magazine "The Door" as of now because it is eye catchy and has the connotation that this magazine is the door to improving your Christian life and that when you open it, you are opening the door to this knowledge.
Upon further research, I discovered that the title of "The Door" is already currently being used by a different company. Therefore, I chose my second favourite title suggestion, "The Potter's Door" as it has similar connotations as the previous title, except "The Potter" refers to God as being the potter shaping our lives (the clay) into a beautiful pot. Not only that, but it combines the names of the two main churches within the "Christian Fellowship Ministries" organisation. "The Potter's House" and "The Door"
After having experimented with the name "The Potter's Door" on a magazine design, I have concluded that it is far too long. Instead, I've decided to change it to "The Calling", as it is easier to remember, and easier to fit on a front cover. It will still be about the Christian Fellowship Ministries organisation.
Possible Cover Lines:
- The Gift of the Holy Spirit: How to get it and how to give it
- Eternal Life: The Pathway to Heaven
- Effective Evangelism
- Christian Living
- Prayer Power
- My One-80 Story
- Living Clean for God
- Monthly Bible Plan
- Victory in Bali
For my main cover line, I have decided on "My One-80 Story" as I believe it may be relevant to new converts who are looking to seek inspiration and a role model that they can easily relate to. This audience may also be questioning their faith or the truth of God and these kinds of stories will provide them with evidence to believe and to continue to seek God.
I did my magazine first draft about a true one-80 story, but I did not like it. It sounded more like a biography rather than a gripping salvation story. I instead have decided to report an easier topic to deal with which is the holy ghost revival happening in Bali through the Potter's House Church there, so I changed it to "Victory in Bali". This way, it may inspire currently serving members of the church that they may go out and do the same.
Images:
- Pastor doing poses at the pulpit.
- Evangelism
- Church services
- Group photos
- Photos of the person giving testimony: Before and after
I want my main cover image to be the person in the One-80 story dressed smartly. It will be pretty easy to do in my opinion as I can go to church every week with my camera and I already have a lot of photos I have already taken since July.
Main Cover:
For the main cover, I want to use a picture of my pastor preaching at the pulpit and with a smile which I may or may not turn into a png photo of him standing in front of the something even better. It really depends on the background of the original photo.
A second idea is to use a photo of him preaching on a Saturday night outreach at the park. Those are always really good, but he is never wearing anything formal, which is fine. I think a dark night time background would be very good as it is a change from the white background of the church during the day.
Table of Contents:
None of our church magazines (The Trumpet) have a table of contents. I want to take inspiration from other magazines of different genres and compare them to take inspiration from them and use that inspiration towards my magazine development.
I have thought about using a neat layout with outreach photos and church congregations. Photos I have taken with my own camera with the photos of the "magazine team" on the side.
A layout such as this looks very nice in my opinion.
Double Page Spread:
My initial idea is to feature my pastor's testimony (one-80 story) and some pictures of him now (himself) and some pictures of his past life of sin (my friend or perhaps his son) . It will be difficult to replicate pictures of his past life as I will need to find someone who looks like his younger self.
I decided that my heading should be "My One-80 Story: My Encounter with Christ" as I believe it would be an eye-catchy title for people to see. I also believe that it perfectly encapsulates what I want my article to be about.
In terms of subheadings, I would like to make them up after I have written the article, to get a bearing of what kind of subheadings would sound cool and are appropriate for the content of the texts.
Upon revision, I decided to to change my double page spread content to a victory report from Bali entitled "Victory in Bali" as a way to inspire church members to try and mimic our way of evangelism and that holy ghost revival can happen in the most unexpected places such as Bali where the majority are Hindu.
I believe perfectly encapsulates what my article will be about. With regard to subheadings, I want them to summarise the section of text in one or two words without revealing the contents too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment