Reflection:
At first I thought this was all a bit non-sensical as I thought I knew everything, but after having learnt this process and applying it to my project, I realise now how crucial and essential this part of the learning process was because I always referred back to my sketches while making my front cover and contents page. What I found most interestingly difficult is trying to get the hang of Google Draw as it was my first time using it. Luckily it was pretty easy to get used to using and I think its even easier than Canva.
I started by sketching a few different designs and layouts of my front cover. My teacher told us that this is how we are to develop our magazines. I was able to come up with these six magazine cover designs. They are pretty rubbish since I am not good at drawing at all.
Then my teacher introduced me to an online drawing software called "Google Drawing" and told us to use his template to make a basic magazine front cover layout just to get a rough idea of what we want to make later on.
Here are a few designs I made with Google Drawing. I'm not too impressed by them but they are just rough outlines and sketches for our real development process.
Then, my teacher introduced me to including borders into my magazine to make everything tidy, as well as different colours to ensure some information stands out more than other information. Not only that, but our teacher also introduced us to different typefaces and the difference between a typeface and a font, as well as teaching us the hierarchy of type. Here are a few screenshots of me playing around with these new features.


.png)
.png)
.png)


No comments:
Post a Comment