Labels

Search This Blog

Double Page Spread: Research and Development

 This is my double page spread research and development.

REVIVAL TIMES - Autumn Spring 1998 Issue
Published by the Revival Fellowship

Reflection:
I found that this magazine's double page spread was pretty disappointing. The formatting is pretty disgusting in my opinion as it is the most disorganised layout ever with inconsistent text spacing and size. It is missing a few features that I want to incorporate into my magazine such as a pull quote, subheadings, dropcaps, and mode of address that directly speaks to the audience. I have not been that all inspired by this double page spread and instead will be making an effort to make mine look as best as I can possibly make it. However, I am quite inspired by the story inside and will be making an effort to try to replicate the story in my magazine and attempt to adapt it to be different and more relevant to my magazine's theme. The only difficult part about analysing this article was that it hurts my eyes to look at.
 

Before Reading
Magazine:Revival Times
Issue:Autumn - Spring 1998
Publisher:The Revival Fellowship
Genre:Christian - Subgenre Church
Images:- 7 pictures of the church in Fiji. 1 photo of a baptism, 1 photo of music, the rest are the congregations
- captions on second page for only 4 of the 7 photos
Layout- Layout is pretty diorganised
- Text size and spacing is inconsistent
- Page numbers are at the bottom
- No drop cap
- 3 Columns of text
- much negative space
- Page heading does not look centred
First impressions:Pretty boring and messy
After Reading
Heading:Revival in Fiji
Subheading:-
Author:Sid and Mary Fox, no photographer mentioned
Article:The article is about the growth in Fiji
Mode of address:It does not address the audience directly and is written in an informal and friendly writing style.
Pull Quote:-
Audience:Members of the Revival Fellowship church who understand English
Impression:It was quite interesting because I am interested in what God does across the world and the growth of the Gospel in foreign nations.
Inspiration:I will most certainly not be using any of the features in my magazine.



THE TRUMPET - Fall 2014 Issue
Published by the Potter's House Church Prescott

Reflection:
I found that this magazine was a bit better in terms of the layout of the double page spread. The captions go nicely over the images and the columns are neatly done with . The pictures are orderly and look good with the text wrapping around it. Though I am not a huge fan of the background as I think it looks very poorly done. However, I am impressed by the number of features it has decided to include, such as dropcaps, neat columns, an easy to read headline, and eye catching images. Though I am not a huge fan of the font being Times New Roman. With regard to the article, I think I found it interesting and I will be taking inspiration from it and adapting some of it to my article on my magazine. The only difficult part about analysing this article was that it was a pretty long. My article will not be this long. 


Before Reading
Magazine:The Trumpet
Issue:Fall 2014
Publisher:The Potter's House Church Prescott
Genre:Christian - Subgenre Church
Images:- 4 pictures. 3 pictures of outreach in Prescott, 1 picture of a family.
- Captions are incorporated in the picture
Layout- Layout is pretty organised
- Text size and spacing is consistent
- Page numbers are at the bottom towards the middle as you open it
- Drop caps are visible
- 3 Columns of text
- no negative space
- Photos are in the correct positions and are layed out well.
First impressions:Long and boring
After Reading
Heading:God astounds 3 Prescott teens on outreach
Subheading:-
Author:Micah Hermann, Alysa Wohlwend, and Trevor Wohlwend
Article:The article is about miracles that occurred on their impact team
Mode of address:It does not address the audience directly and is written in an informal and friendly writing style.
Pull Quote:-
Audience:Members of the Potter's House Church who understand English
Impression:I love hearing about people being inspired by evangelism and how God is moving as they evangelise. They were very surprised by the miracles they witnessed which is something I can relate to so I found this article to be inspiring and encouraging.
Inspiration:I will most certainly not be using any of the features in my magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment