Throughout the project I encountered a lot of technical problems. In this blog post I will detail how I solved the problems.
Problem: Unable to Embed a Document into Blogger
Reflection:
I found that this solution was a very simple one. I am grateful that I did not have to do anything complicated as it took me less than five minutes to troubleshoot the problem. I am also very grateful to people wanting to share their knowledge on YouTube to help others like me who need their help in completing what are actually simple tasks once you understand how they work. This is something I don't think I'll ever need to do again in the future, but it is very handy to know. I used to know simple HTML a couple of years ago and that in itself was complicated, so I was worried that having to do the coding on this problem might be complicated too but the only complicated part was typing the code character by character, making sure everything matched the tutorial so there wouldn't be any silly errors.
In one of my blog posts, I needed to embed a document onto the page. I tried to do this with a simple "embed" link provided by Google Documents but was unable to resize the document. This technique worked fine when embedding presentations from Google Presentations.
I researched online and found a useful YouTube video that explained how to do it. The steps were:
- Download the Google Document as a PDF
- Upload the PDF to Google Drive
- Click "Share" and copy the link of the PDF document. Make sure that "Anyone with the link" has access.
- In the blogger page, open up "HTML View"
- Paste the link.
- Remove "usp=sharing" and change "view" to "preview"
- Add the code <iframe src=" " width="640" height="480"></iframe> and instert the PDF link into the src=" "
- Publish
YouTube Video: How to upload pdf and related file on blogger || how to upload documents in blogger ||
Link to the YouTube tutorial: https://youtu.be/PtlTH-GePw8?feature=shared



No comments:
Post a Comment