Labels

Search This Blog

Research: Industry

 Here is the research into the music industry for my project.

DUA LIPA - HOUDINI

Production Company: VEVO
Description: VEVO is a leading production company that is an all-premium music video platform offering a large library of music videos from top artists.
Genre: Wide variety (Pop, R&B, hip-hop)
Other Content: VEVO has produced other very noteworthy content like Billie Eilish's bad guy, The Weeknd's blinding lights, and Harry Styles' Watermelon Sugar.

Typical Audience: VEVO tends to cater to a more global audience with regard to their music video content, which primarily reaches out to teens and young adults of both sexes and English speaking.
Psychographics: They're trend focused, catering to mainstream listeners
Company Size and Age: VEVO is a large scale company that was founded in 2009.
Most Successful Product: Luis Fonsi's Despacito garnered views in the billions.

ANNA RANOSO - SLAY

Production Company: ZANE Productions
Description: A video production company specializing in high-quality music videos, commercials, and short films.
Genre: Variety, with a focus on the cinematics and high concept visuals
Other Content: ZANE Productions have produced high quality and successful music videos like Blackbear's Me & Ur Ghost and Bryce Vine's Drew Barrymore.

Typical Audience: Their typical audience are English speaking young adults of both sexes between the ages of 18-35.
Psychographics: They target more creative and edgy people with an interest in having an artistic mindset
Company Size and Age: ZANE Productions is a small to medium sized company that was founded in 2014.
Most Successful Product: Their most successful product was Blackbear's "Hot Girl Bummer" music video.

Self Reflection:
I found this to be the second worst part of this project. I absolutely hated having to analyse and type everything down onto this blog post. I dreaded the time I'd have to do this task as I knew it was going to be long and laborious, which is why I left it to the last week of the project's half way point deadline to do as I would rather work on other things in this project. I found analysing the industries that make music videos to be difficult as I needed to apply the correct terminologies and that was absolutely boring, but I did learn how to do that all so I guess that was valuable. I also learnt about different technical elements in the industry that I may or may not use. I found finding the music videos and industries to analyse the hardest part as I do not know anything about the music video industry or who produced them. I found skimming through the intros very interesting as the information was relevant to me. I will most definitely be referring back to this page when drafting my music video for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment